Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 June 2008

Coran, books, music and nature


I seem to be waking up earlier and earlier of late, which I suppose is only natural given the time of year. I often find though that this is the best time of day, and certainly the most creative, so perhaps I will try to continue this habit.

As I write, the early morning sun is streaming through the windows of my study, with a gentle breeze wafting through the trees that moves them gently from side to side. The birds are twittering away as I look forward to the challenge of a new day.

My partner sits in the next room, typing at his own computer, and listening to my Chicane CD 'Far from the Maddening Crowd'. This I have discovered, is perfect music for exercising to at the gym, especially my two favourites, Sunstroke and Red Skies. We will be off to the gym soon hopefully, before it gets too hot and maybe later on for some shopping, in between cooking lunch, chilling out at the viewpoint, and cutting our grass, plus for me of course, the newsletter that I edit.

Coran is flapping about now, wondering why he is not able to put these tracks on his own computer. I keep telling him that he should put the Napster software onto his computer, and then just log in using my ID, as members can download tracks that they have bought onto three different PC's. Men though never listen !

Ah well, none of this is important I guess in the scheme of life. What to me is important? Life itself and the blood pumping through my veins. None of this 'stuff' is who I really am, but is merely trappings that I have acquired in order to make myself feel better and more secure. It doesn't work though, as I am still as insecure and needy as the next person. One thing I do know though, is that these things may well be trappings, but I cannot imagine a world without the four things that are most important to me in all the world - Coran, books, music and nature - in that order. Today I intend to enjoy all four.

No comments:

Post a Comment