Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 November 2008

Going, going, gone ...


It was a strange feeling to walk out the doors at work for the last time tonight at the end of quite possibly the longest day I have ever worked there. The time seemed to go extraordinarily slowly, yet at the same time, extraordinarily fast. We managed to sell almost everything apart from a few smaller items, keeping the discount well under control.

I am glad that I had the opportunity to be there on the last day, as it was necessary in order to gain closure. Despite the problems, I am grateful for the opportunities that working here has given me. I have grown enormously as a person during the last year, especially so since April. Yes the company could have handled things better, and yes it was hard, but what is done is done, it does no good to dwell on what could have been, for it changes nothing.

So, on Monday I transfer to the new store. I am looking forward to a fresh start with people that I am at least a bit familiar with, but I am looking forward even more to going to Lundy on Friday. The timing as always is impeccable - four days in the new store, and then I am off to the island for a week of well deserved rest and relaxation - long (slightly shorter at the time of year) days spent walking the island in all weathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment