Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Life goes on


I finally got to talk to my boss this morning, and have been reassured that my job is not in danger and no one has been talking about me behind my back - I do tend to get a bit paranoid. The decision was made after careful discussion with the Directors, and is simply to give me more time to get to know the whys and the wherefores of them job, settle in completely and complete my training manual.

We also discussed the kitchen job which I have been doing in the evenings, and have agreed that I will take it on a permanent basis starting next week four nights a week - every week day except Wednesday, which is the one day of the week when we go out - to the Inner Journey group run by our friend. It will be a relief not to have to rush home, as I finish work at 7 and the group starts just half an hour later. It will also be nice to know that I have one day a week which is totally mine and make a big difference to my stress levels, knowing that this extra source of income is now guaranteed.

So, all is well that ends well, and as usual, I was over reacting. In its own way this has though been a great gift, for it has enabled me to have an open and honest discussion and to see just how far I have come in the eight months since I left my previous job. A discussion such as this would have been unthinkable with my former boss, whom I thought at the time I had a good relationship with. When I look at what I have here, I realise that this was not the case at all - yes we could talk about certain things, but not the things that really mattered. There was always something that made me hesitate and be unsure as to how much I could really trust him (perhaps because I overheard too many of his conversations with other Managers), but I know that I can trust my current boss implicitly (as much as you can any boss) to always be honest and to tell me the truth rather than what she thinks I want to hear. She has even agreed to change the wording of the standard letter that they send out. Life goes on, as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment