Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 January 2011

The light returns


It has felt at times in the last few months, and more so since the dark nights began at the end of October, as if I were going mad, with so much darkness, not only with regard to the time of year, but also within - reflecting as always the turn of the year. I am relieved to know then in reading the latest update from Karen Bishop, that I am not the only one to experience this, and it is in fact for those on the spiritual path, quite normal. Part of this has of course entailed releasing our own darkness, and I have experienced this in abundance also, especially with regard to work, although it has by no means been restricted to only this area of my life. There are more deaths at this time of year, and in the environment in which I work, I experience this too at first hand.

It was good then to get away for a few days last week during my five days off from work. When those lovely people at Travelodge emailed me to say they had a sale on, it was an offer too good to refuse, and Coran and I booked a room at Amesbury near Stone Henge. We had not been to the stones for a while, and it was good to take the opportunity to walk around. We were blessed with superb weather, the sun peeping out at just the right moment to take some excellent photographs. While we were there we also took the opportunity to go into Salisbury for a potter around the Abbey and of course go on to the nearby stone circle at Avebury. The energies were flying that day with some major clearing going on, and by the time we got back in the late afternoon we were both pretty much shattered. Still it was nice to have a rest from work. Unfortunately the feeling doesn't last for long, and after going back yesterday, the aches and pains have returned with a vengeance.

When I got home there was a letter waiting for me from the Manager asking me to attend an interview for the long awaited full time job tomorrow afternoon at 3pm, so it's fingers crossed that we will be able to work something out with hours to suit both parties. I am open to suggestions but fully expect that I will have to get used to the dreaded 7am starts. Actually this is probably not as bad as it sounds, and I will quickly get used to it and find that I have more energy and am a lot less tired than I was before when working part time. It is amazing how tiring doing nothing can be.

If I had any doubts that I an doing the right thing, they were dispelled this morning when the Manager came into one of the rooms I was cleaning and informed me that she had something for me, and when I opened it would explain all. She handed me an envelope which when opened revealed a lovely thank you note from the family of our lady who passed away on Christmas Day with a Marks and Spencer gift card. They really did not need to do this and it was totally unexpected, but a lovely sign of their appreciation for all our hard work and dedication. It is funny how a simple cleaning job can turn into a vocation and a symbol of how despite the darkness that I spoke of earlier, when you look for it, the world is filled with light and that as in nature, the light is beginning to return. Lets hope that this too is a symbol of what is to come tomorrow, that I get the job and the hours that I need to secure my future and continue to make a difference to the lives of those whom I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment